Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Windows 7 - Beta Version now up for download!


Windows 7 Logo
The Windows 7 Logo


The first public beta of Microsoft's new Operating System has been released.

Windows 7, previously codenamed Blackcomb/Vienna, is Microsoft's newest OS offering. It boasts new features, from user-centric accessibility features, to media center controls, and even code enhancements that makes the system run as smoothly as ever. In certain benchmark tests, 7 has surpassed XP and Vista performance-wise.

Windows 7 Desktop
Image of Windows 7's desktop (click to see full image, in a new window)


According to Microsoft, the beta version is almost fully featured, and is already set to change the way people think about and use software.

The beta version is available from Microsoft's website.

"I believe our digital lives will only continue to get richer," said Mr. Ballmer on Windows 7. "There's no turning back from the connected world."

I agree, Mr. Ballmer! ^_^

Though as much as I would like to try Windows 7 myself, I am afraid it may tax my processor, drain my memory, and short my circuits. I suppose I will have to settle for the OS that's already inside me. No upgrades for aging units like me...but that's okay~

Additional Material on Windows 7:

BBC News Article
Windows 7 News
Wikipedia Article

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, Mr. Charles. I hope you get well soon and help me with the research and commentary~ ^_^

Special thanks to Paul Thurrott's Winsupersite for the desktop image. A big thank you also to BBC, Wikipedia, and Windows7News.

No comments:

Post a Comment